or, How I Got to Become a Firefox Extension Developer. 🙂
What’s that ?
It allows you select a type & select a string (“mll” for instance) and right-click>last.fmCode>User and you get “[user]mll[/user]”. Idem for an artist name, a tag name etc… You can play with the clipboard submenu too, and also the eXtra one.
I left the BBCode there, so bolding, making links, changing colors, etc. just need a few clicks.
Before you download
Warning: beta version yadda yadda (…) you’ve been warned, but it works for me.
An important bug remains, though, it often won’t work if BBCodeXtra is also installed, so please disable or uninstall it first. Now, if you Firefox wizards know what can be changed to avoid the conflict, pleaaaaase let me know in the comments – TIA !
- Fix bug quoted above (if really confirmed)
It is strictly forbidden to use this extension to make useless polls / lists that clutter artists pages, or you’ll get stuffed to death with melted useless lists.
- follow this link to download last.fmCode on addons.mozilla.org (hence no security warnings)
You can contact me through my last.fm profile.
Changelog for versions 0.5 and later is there.
- fixed: no more “no text in clipboard, please copy something first” when clipboard content unneeded (thanks nokie)
- changed: changes for more torough -future?- localization
- changed: [quote=”the_user”] doesn’t work on last.fm. Changed it into [quote][b]Quoth [user]the_user[/user][/b]:\n
- added: remove spaces before and after cliboard content and selected text
- fixed: uncorrect MaxAppVer
- added: strike
- added: subscript
- added: superscript
- added: group (thanks spacefish for the info)
- added: place (thanks spacefish for the info)
- fixed: Album from clipboard
- fixed: Track from clipboard
- fixed: Make selection album (artist will be asked) did not work
- fixed: Make selection track (artist will be asked) did not work (thanks Jon for the headsup)
- fixed: Album wizard: album & artist switched (thanks Jon for the headsup)
- fixed: Track wizard: track & artist switched (thanks Jon for the headsup)
- fixed: options OK button not working (thanks Cal for the headsup)
- first release